Albarracín, the most beautiful pueblo SpainOctober 11, 2018
Albarracín, the most beautiful pueblo Spain, He was elected by a newspaper survey Spanish El País, by popular vote.
We love visiting the TurMundial Spanish pueblos, these small towns are charming, many of them is a return to the time, because some are medieval towns.
Albarracín It is a locality and Spanish municipality in the southwest of the province of Teruel, Autonomous Community of Aragon or for us Brazilians, known more as a state. With a population of 1054 population. The town is National Monument from Spanish 1961 and also holds the Gold Medal for Merit in Fine Arts 1996, and it is proposed by Unesco to be declared Patrimony of Humanity by the beauty and importance of its historical heritage.
The city as can be seen from the picture above is all well medieval style walled.
There happened many wars since the time of the Muslim invasion until the Spanish Civil War which was the site of a major battle between Republicans and military and the town was dominated by two companies.
The main attractions are Albarracín:
- Historical Site Albarracín: its historic site was declared of cultural interest property.
- Salvador Cathedral: located next to the castle, is the XVI century with a single nave and side chapels.
- Alcazar de Albarracín: located in the old town, It has recently been restored and conditioned for your visit. Although it retains a powerful walled enclosure, its interior houses an interesting archaeological site of medieval times. It was the stronghold of Andalusia. The fortress was occupied by the end of the sixteenth century; It was destroyed in the eighteenth century after the War of Succession.
- episcopal Palace: It baroque cover.
- town hall
- Julianeta house: popular building house
- Walls of Albarracín fourteenth century
- Tower Walker, muçulmanoa construction of the X and XI century
- A White Woman tower
- Torre de la Muela