Spanish citizenship to grandchildren and great-grandchildren of SpaniardsFebruary 18, 2019
The dream of the grandchildren of Spaniards have Spanish citizenship is getting closer, because there are only a few days for it to be approved the new Spanish nationality law to grandchildren. The forecast is that the law is approved at the beginning of March.
A Spanish for Spanish citizenship to grandchildren today is only valid if the grandson of Spanish is less than 18 years, for example, his grandfather or grandmother were born in Spain and his father or his mother just like you were born in Brazil or any other country, you will only have the right to Spanish citizenship if you are under 18 years, with the new law being passed the age limit will no longer exist.
As the case of Spanish citizenship to Spanish great-grandchildren, the case is more difficult, but also possible with this new law, Here I comment on the case of my family, my sisters and I are grandchildren of Spanish, in 2009 we take our citizenship because between the years 2009 a 2011 the law was that the grandchildren over 18 years could get citizenship, my sisters have children and they are great-grandchildren of Spanish and still managed to get citizenship, they had less than 18 years, Another important thing is that the whole family has citizenship, first did my father take his citizenship, then immediately made my, and then my sisters did them and of my nephews, this is due for citizenship from father to son.
Spanish citizenship to grandchildren, steps law proposition
25/05/2018 – Presentation of the law proposition
31/05/2018 – Publication of the law proposition
16/06/2018 – Senate approves the law and refers to the Chamber of Deputies
26/06/2018 – Text presentation to Congress of Deputies
22/10/2018 – Amendments to the proposed text
15/02/2018 – government of President calls elections
With the call for elections proposition of law has to be approved until the day 5 March 2019, when it ends the current government, if the bill is not passed even before the day 5 March the bill will be filed.
So if you are in this situation, You have to hope the bill be approved already.
For more informations, click on the links below to check:
Law integrates the "Draft Bill 122/000055"
Spanish nationality to foreign-born descendants of Spanish, Law proposal
1er Congress of Spanish nationality and marital status
See posts about interesting topics with tips how to live in Spain:
- Taking the Spanish citizenship to Brazilians
- Regularize the Brazilian Wedding in Spain
- How to apply for the Family Book Spanish
- How to apply for birth certificates in Spain
- How to make and to what serves the Empadronamento in Spain
- Request the DNI (The identity card) in Spain
- Request the NIE (Foreign Identity document) married to Spanish(a)
- How to apply for the Social Security number?
- How to apply for a driver's license in Spain?
- How to sign up and do the CCSE Proof?
- How to sign up and do the DELE A2 Proof?
- How to apply for the Certificate to send the request of Spanish citizenship?
- How to Income Tax in Spain (Income tax) for the first time?
- Step by step to live in Spain
- How to apply for Spanish citizenship by marriage to Spanish
- New bill to give citizenship to take home(a) of Spanish(a)
- New bill to give citizenship to grandchildren(as) of Spanish (a) comes the discussion in Spain deputies Congress
If you need assistance in any part of the process, as we mentioned above, there are advisory and specialized lawyers, we indicate the documents Spain, is a Spanish advisory company that helps you in Spanish Nationality processes, Background criminal or criminal, Civil registration, Negative Naturalization Certificate, Legalization of Documents, Apostilamento Hague and Certified Translations.