Spain's government aims to reduce the deadline for the Spanish citizenshipNovember 8, 2018
The Spanish Government intends to reduce the time to get the Spanish citizenship, today after going through all the citizenship application process, which includes various documents and the time to live in Spain, obtaining citizenship is taking too long to be approved today, I turn to some 3 years, after all process already delivered.
Those who follow our blog know that we always count as being the process for Pri also have Spanish citizenship, to be married to me I have to Spanish citizenship, but for those who do not know I will summarize, we decided in 2014 come live in Europe, first we lived in Ireland to study in 2015, and early 2016 We came to live in Spain in Barcelona, I had lived in Barcelona 2008, when I did my graduate.
I have Spanish citizenship since 2009, I took my thanks to a law that was in force from 2009 a 2011, where the Spanish grandchildren could take citizenship without having to live in Spain, then so I have citizenship and as I said above, Pri is waiting for her to be married to me, the person who is married to Spanish(a) You have the right to apply for Spanish citizenship after living in Spain for a year legally, but also has other people who have this right, as Spain's greatest grandchildren of 18 years, which for now have to live 1 year in Spain, but it has a law that has already been approved and is about to change for the better, here's a bit about this law or Brazilians living in Spain for more than 2 years.
In our case, Pri to obtain Spanish citizenship if married to a Spanish citizen, We took several documents and made the following process, here I put in order:
- Not married Brazil
- We legalize our marriage in the Spanish consulate in Brazil
- We came to live in Spain
- We made our empadronamentos
- I took the DNI
- After the Pri took the NIE it
- We hope a year after she had requested the NIE and citizenship in it 2017
Only a major review, at the end of text are links on how to do everything, with all the steps in detail.
We are already waiting more than a year and a half to get the approval of her citizenship, but as I said above, the process is very time consuming because of the lack of people in the government of Spain to analyze the documents, but the current government is promising that will put more than 100 people to analyze documents and reduce this period that revolves around today 3 years, with this increase in people, citizenships were approved in six months.
For more information on this government's proposal to increase the number of people to analyze citizenship, you can find in the newspaper The confidential.
Important, for you do not have doubts, citizenship is only the final process and do not need to live and live legally in Spain, only with the NIE is already possible to live and live legally in Spain, for those who do not have Spanish citizenship.
as promised, below is the link we detail of each process to take the DNI, NIE and citizenship, among other important documents.
See posts about interesting topics with tips how to live in Spain:
- Taking the Spanish citizenship to Brazilians
- Regularize the Brazilian Wedding in Spain
- How to apply for the Family Book Spanish
- How to apply for birth certificates in Spain
- How to make and to what serves the Empadronamento in Spain
- Request the DNI (The identity card) in Spain
- Request the NIE (Foreign Identity document) married to Spanish(a)
- How to apply for the Social Security number?
- How to apply for a driver's license in Spain?
- How to sign up and do the CCSE Proof?
- How to sign up and do the DELE A2 Proof?
- How to apply for the Certificate to send the request of Spanish citizenship?
- How to Income Tax in Spain (Income tax) for the first time?
- Step by step to live in Spain
- How to apply for Spanish citizenship by marriage to Spanish
- New bill to give citizenship to take home(a) of Spanish(a)
- New bill to give citizenship to grandchildren(as) of Spanish (a) comes the discussion in Spain deputies Congress
If you need assistance in any part of the process, as we mentioned above, there are advisory and specialized lawyers, we indicate the documents Spain, is a Spanish advisory company that helps you in Spanish Nationality processes, Background criminal or criminal, Civil registration, Negative Naturalization Certificate, Legalization of Documents, Apostilamento Hague and Certified Translations.